Landscape Designer / Architect
Job Number: LA0420
Owen Sound, Ontario
Posted on Apr 16, 2020
We’re Looking for Amazing Talent!
Do you want to work in a rewarding environment, towards an exciting vision? Are you ready to pour your heart and soul into a place built on passion, and grow in knowledge and skill? Do you want to join a positive team culture of excellence?
At Hutten & Co. Land and Shore, we create refreshing spaces in a place that’s already beautiful, a place that we’re happy to call home. It’s not easy work, but the satisfaction is huge. From creative craftsmanship in stone and wood, delicate plantings, casual outdoor living, environmental shore solutions, and docking systems, we create spaces that connect our rugged land and shores into a place of natural beauty. We love what we do and want like minded people to join our team!
Role: Landscape Architect
Reports to: Sales Manager
Compensation: Base salary, plus commission, profit sharing and benefits.
- Provide customer service beyond expectations.
- Create inspiring designs.
- Present construction estimates, book projects.
- Meet sales targets.
Result: The Hutten & Co. brand is recognized as a highly creative, artistic firm that provides uniquely desirable landscape design solutions, produces artistic work in a timely fashion, and maintains a high level of accuracy and creativity.
Success in this position will be measured by:
- Sales Planner – Budget vs actual monthly design and sales targets.
- Design Efficiency/Accuracy – Create and deliver accurate designs/proposals in a timely fashion.
- Client Reviews – 5 Star projects in creativity, service and experience.
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service Beyond Expectations
- Meet with client for initial consulting and problem solving.
- Delight the customer by meeting their objectives, needs, wants, and wishes.
- Demonstrate a high level of diversity and flexibility in design style.
- Work closely with client to develop an accurate proposal with a clear design, promptly schedule milestones and deadlines, and communicate proactively throughout the project.
- Resolve any customer conflict or complaint quickly and effectively.
2. Create Designs
- Visit site to measure all required features
- Prepare accurate and thorough design proposals
- Prepare base plans with all relevant information.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of building regulations, code and bylaws.
- Produce artistic, creative, and attractive designs with appropriate layout and flow.
- Prepare highly detailed and accurate final construction plans.
- Prepare full planting plans with appropriate plant specifications.
- Effectively produce 3d renderings of construction details by hand or computer, as required.
3. Present Construction Estimates, Book Projects
- Prioritize multiple designs in progress for efficient delivery.
- Provide thorough quantity takeoffs for estimating.
- Collaborate with Project Manager/Estimator for completion of estimates.
- Provide a clear and detailed project hand-off to divisional operations management.
4. Meet Sales Targets
- Sell landscape projects and services at approved pricing, that meets or exceeds sales goals.
- Participate with sales goal setting and achievement, and coordinate sales efforts with team.
- Accurately document and maintain all open leads and opportunities.
Top Sales Skills:
- Confidently handles high level relationships.
- Is a good listener.
- Asks good questions and takes leadership.
- Is highly organized and good at juggling multiple open leads.
- Keeps momentum on all projects in design queue.
- Knowledgeable on a wide variety of landscape features.
Top Design Skills:
- Artistically gifted, by hand and by software.
- Horticultural expert.
- Experienced and confident in construction methods.
- Fluent in DynaSCAPE (or AutoCAD), 3D modeling and Microsoft Office Suite
- Aligned with Hutten & Co. Core Values of Knowledge, Optimism, Relationships, Passion.
- Exceptional portfolio of previous design experience.
- Landscape design diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Five or more years of industry related design experience.
Hutten & Company Land and Shore
Owen Sound, Ontario
Aug 04, 2020