Job Number: 20-1
Posted on Jul 22, 2020
The Ferguson Forest Centre is seeking a highly qualified person to assume the duties of General Manager to run its nursery operations. This is a permanent, full-time, 40+ hours per week position with competitive salary and benefits.
The Ferguson Forest Centre is a not-for-profit corporation and operates the Ferguson Tree Nursery, producing native plants predominantly for Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. The nursery primarily produces the following products:
- Bareroot seedlings
- Reforestation container seedlings and gift trees
- Cuttings or live stakes
- Potted Stock
- Native Perennials
The nursery also collects, processes, stores and sells seed.
This position will also support the Centre’s management of trails and recreational lands on the property.
Reporting to the CEO of the Corporation, duties include:
- Implementation of policies and direction instituted by the Corporation Board;
- Responsibility for all Ferguson Tree Nursery operations, ensuring operations are effectively and efficiently undertaken;
- Day-to-day supervision of senior operations staff, as well as the general operations of the Corporation; and
- Responsibility for management of the forest trails and recreational lands that comprise the Ferguson Forest Centre and OMNRF forest trails in accordance with municipal and provincial agreements.
- have at least five (5) years of management experience in a growing facility, as well as five (5) years of practical horticultural or forestry experience
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be fluent in English
A post-secondary degree from a recognized educational institution in forestry, horticulture or agriculture is considered an asset.
For a full job description and related organization material, refer to www.fergusontreenursery.ca
Candidates legally entitled to work in Canada can apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ferguson Tree Nursery
Aug 01, 2020