Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction and well-done jobs first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for a Estimator.
The estimator will report to the estimator and gather all costs relating to a project and provide a professional quotation to our clients. Take-offs will be produced and the junior estimator will have complete knowledge of materials used in the landscape construction industry and best practises. The junior estimator must be able to liase with management and be open to learning, asking the right questions and producing results.
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for over 70 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards. When we hire, we look for individuals who want to be an integral part of a large team and work together to achieve company objectives.
Why work for us?
· Year-round employment
· Career path and opportunities for personal development
· Health Benefits
· On-going training
· Great work culture
· Steady growth year over year
· And much, much more…
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare detailed estimates, quantity takeoffs including all labour, material and equipment costs
· Assist in meetings with clients and partners
· Respond to internal and external inquiries timely
· Co-ordinate subcontractor submissions, during the tendering process via phone in a professional and courteous manner
· Identify local subcontractors and suppliers, solicit quotes and prepare comparison sheets
· Co-ordinate field visits to qualify information
· Coordinating submission of tender documents
· Review RFP’s and contractual documents and prepare cost proposals and final tender documents for clients within given time frames
· Identify and evaluate risk mitigation strategies
· Post tender practice (manage files/submittal logs/material lists/drawings)
· Preparation of project binders – maintain all supporting documentation around estimations
· Tracking of site Instruction and change orders
· Prepare shop drawings as required
· Complete project on time and under budget
· Use personal protective equipment and demonstrate hazard awareness at all times
· Presentable and professional at all times
· Good work ethic, punctual and dependable
· Other duties as assigned
· Completion of relevant college or university program
· Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
· Understanding of landscape industry and landscape construction materials
· Able to interpret landscape drawings
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel
Skills and Competencies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple tenders
· Accuracy in reporting is critical
· Must be detail-oriented and a thinker
· Effective decision-making skills
· Strong organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines
· Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and adapt to changes
· Excellent time-management skills
· Great documentation and proof-reading skills
· Ability to be a visible team-player and have excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to assume responsibility and follow direction
**Range of pay is based on experience**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please indicate the position and forward your resume to email@example.com
INL Group of Companies fosters an inclusive environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Our strength also comes from being a diverse company and we welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and others. We are dedicated to building a growing workforce that reflects the diverse environment in which we live and enrich the lives of everyone we connect with everyday.