Are you customer focused? Do you lead by example? Do you like teamwork? Do like problem-solving? Are you looking to get landscape experience? Do you put customer satisfaction first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for a Part-time Landscape Sales Associate.
The Landscape Sales Associate will assist and work together with the inside sales staff team, the entire sales process from beginning to end will be challenge but a learning experience. You will assist the sales manager, help other sales staff and also ensure the safety of everyone on premises by keeping up to date with health and safety policies and procedures. You are self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for 70 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards.
Our landscape supply yard on Evans Ave has 6 acres of landscape construction supplies. We sell to both homeowners and landscapers and are a competitor to the big box stores. We are well known for our service and product line selection.
Hours of Operation
· The is a retail environment.
· Shift will include Saturdays during peak times.
Why work for us?
· Industry and Community recognition
· Career path and opportunities for personal development
· Training provided
· Great work culture
· Steady growth year over year
Duties and Responsibilities
· Knowledge of landscaping materials
· Able to communicate professionally and be courteous to all customers
· Helping homeowner build their dream backyard oasis
· Building rapport with our contractors, understanding that time means money
· Accuracy in pricing and quoting materials
· Respond timely to all correspondence – email, phone, in-person
· Follow through with clients - don't leave anyone 'waiting for a return phone call'
· Ensure any dispute or issue is passed on to a supervisor immediately
· Liaise with suppliers as directed by the Assistant Sales Manager
· Provide timely feedback to management regarding any issues to be addressed
· Participate in meetings and provide constructive feedback
· FIRST AND FOREMOST - Great customer service skills!!
· 1 year sales/customer service experience (Landscape or building material knowledge preferred)
· Follow directions from the Assistant Sales Manager
· Always maintain a safe working environment and identify areas of concern
· Good basic mathematical skills to calculate client needs with regards to landscaping – training provided
Skills and Competencies
· Strong work ethic – reliable and punctual
· Have a courteous, friendly and patient attitude
· Ability to provide solutions to clients in a positive manner
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Able to work indoors and outdoors with change in temperatures
· Ability to be a visible team-player and have excellent interpersonal skills
· Critical thinking and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
· Accuracy in your paperwork and attention to detail
· Able to assume responsibility and have a flexible team-player attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please indicate the position and forward your resume to email@example.com
INL Group of Companies fosters an inclusive environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Our strength also comes from being a diverse company and we welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and others. We are dedicated to building a growing workforce that reflects the diverse environment in which we live and enrich the lives of everyone we connect with everyday.