Crew Leader - Turf Maintenance
Job Number: SLC - 016
Posted on Jan 21, 2021
As a Turf Maintenance Crew Leader, your role will be crucial in managing your team’s Landscaping work on our clients’ properties. Under the direction of the Field Supervisor, you will be tasked with guaranteeing that our customers receive outstanding service by ensuring that Strathmore’s predetermined work schedule, specifications, procedures and quality standards are met.
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, April 12, 2021 (weather permitting)
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 saturdays during the season
- Manage your crew members, materials and equipment to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Attend planning meetings to understand the specifics of each project and share your knowledge and suggestions with others;
- Establish a strong relationship with your field supervisor to ensure that your crew members understands their responsibilities and that tasks are properly delegated;
- Clean and maintain grounds to Strathmore’s standards within the allotted time;
- Use and maintain a sit-mower, electric lawn mowers, tractors, chain saws, hedge trimmers and other landscaping equipment;
- Train, motivate and evaluate your team members;
- Act in a courteous and respectful manner when interacting with clients and the public, as needed.
- Possess a DEP in Landscaping or relevant field;
- Turf Manager Course Certificate is an asset;
- At least two years of experience in Turf Maintenance;
- Having one year of experience in a supervisory role;
- Must speak French or English, bilingualism is an asset;
- Plant knowledge and ability to identify;
- Be physically fit and have great endurance;
- Ability to safely and responsibly use and maintain equipment and tools;
- Effective communication skills to be able to execute verbal instructions, read labels and signs, and complete daily reports for the office and customers;
- Ability to manage time, ability to work under pressure to deliver major projects on schedule and on budget;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within your team;
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- Ability to use a cell phone and applications with ease;
- Physical requirements: to be able to walk, to sit, to climb, to kneel, to make repetitive gestures, to bend the knees, to bend at the level of the hips and to lift, carry, push and pull loads of up to 27 kg.
Perks of being part of the team!
- Uniform and cell phone provided for the duration of the contract
- Company events (covid friendly)
- Skills and Leadership development initiatives
- Career advancement opportunities
Those who wish to apply can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strathmore Landscape Management is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!
Strathmore Landscape Management
Apr 12, 2021