It’s not every day you come across an opportunity to work with a company you can feel good about – in a rewarding environment, working towards a clear and exciting vision, as part of an optimistic, hardworking, and high performing team.
And with your strong knowledge of horticultural services, excellent organizational, communication skills and passion for customer service, you’ll be an ideal fit for our new Property Care Account Manager position.
From creative craftsmanship in stone and wood, delicate plantings, property care services, casual outdoor living, environmental shore solutions, and docking systems, at Hutten & Co. Land and Shore we create and maintain refreshing spaces that connect our rugged land and shores into a place of natural beauty. It’s not easy work, but the satisfaction is huge.
We love what we do and want like-minded people to join our team. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your career, look no further.
As our new Property Care Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to new and existing property care clients (accounts). You’ll suggest and sell landscape contract and enhancement services to meet the needs of the property and increase customer satisfaction. You’ll work in conjunction with other production staff while meeting financial targets.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop strong, positive relationships with customers, based on clear and frequent communication, mutual trust, and the ability to meet customer needs.
- Deliver top-notch customer service.
- Proactively manage properties by inspecting and locating problems in the landscape before the customer brings to our attention, communicate issues and solutions to the customer.
- Prioritize existing design/build dock & snow clients for property care proposals.
- Manage process of all open sales opportunities in company CRM software.
- Ensure all estimates and sales proposals are accurate and meet company requirements.
- Build and maintain a company owned database of existing customers (book of business).
- Estimate seasonal gardening and property care services using company software.
- Present and sell proposals to customer.
- Collaborate with design department where required.
- Provide solutions to design to site issues or opportunities for enhancement.
- Collaborate with production department to estimate enhancement work.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities of multiple property care crews.
- Oversee the successful completion or warranty work.
- Organize and manage project workflow through standardized processes.
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at site(s) and or shop/yard.
- Prepare invoices for customer and collect payment.
- Actively participate in department weekly production, operations, sales meetings.
- Meet a total sales target of approx. $800K in re-sign, new and enhancement sales.
- Re-sign 90% of contractual services annually.
- Meet the job budgeted gross profit and estimated hours targets.
As our new Property Care Account Manager your role will encompass sales, customer service, execution of gardening services, meeting growth/financial targets, estimating, contract administration, safety, leadership, and mentoring.
Success in this role will be about so much more than just sales and profitability. Just as importantly, it will be about making our customers happy by bringing their visions to life while contributing to our team’s growth and people-focused culture through mentoring and training.
Working @ Hutten & Co. Land and Shore
We expect strong performance and participation, and in return, work hard to make employment here an exceptional career experience. We offer strong coaching and training, team collaboration, an open book management style, and we celebrate wins together regularly with quarterly theme parties and company BBQs.
This is a full-time permanent job, working mainly in Owen Sound, Ontario. When you’re not in the office, you’ll travel to job sites in the surrounding areas.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience, we offer profit sharing, health benefits, and will provide you with a vehicle, laptop and smartphone.
We recognize that our ideal candidate may come from outside the area, and so relocation assistance is available. If you’re interested in getting away from expensive city living, and the idea of living and working in Ontario’s recreational hub excites you, this could be a perfect opportunity to relocate and take advantage of all that Georgian Bay living has to offer.
Ideally here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5 years field experience in garden maintenance
- Account management experience (ideally in horticulture or landscape)
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow a book of business
- Educational background in horticulture is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Horticultural knowledge – strong in plant identification and care
- Experience using any CRM software
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software
- Experience using LMN estimating and time software
- Experience using Smartsheet software
We strive to build a team of like-minded individuals who share our values and vision for the future, and look forward to seeing your application!