Horticulture and Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader
Job Number: SLC - 019
Posted on Feb 04, 2021
Reporting to the Field Supervisor, the Horticulture and Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader is tasked with guaranteeing that our customers receive outstanding service by ensuring that Strathmore’s predetermined work schedule, specifications, procedures and quality standards are met.
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 saturdays during the season
- Manage your field crew, materials and equipment to complete projects on time and on budget
- Train and evaluate your crew members as necessary
- Take part in pre-maintenance planning sessions to develop a firm grasp on each project, and share your experience and practical advice with the team
- Plan your tasks and schedule, communication with clients, completion of reports, etc...
- Develop a strong relationship with your field supervisor to ensure that responsibilities are understood and properly delegated
- Plan and monitor day-to-day operations and liaise with your field supervisor as necessary
- Clean and maintain landscaped environments according to project specifications
- Use your extensive landscaping experience and abilities to operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, hedge trimmers, and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Perform other tasks as required
- DEP in Horticulture or Landscape Management, or equivalent in acquired experience
- Minimum three years of experience in landscape maintenance and/or horticulture
- One year in a supervisory position
- Knowledge of plants and ability to identify them
- Excellent physical fitness and strong stamina, must be able to walk, sit, climb, kneel, do repetitive motions, bend at the knee, bend at the hip, lift, carry, push and pull up to 27 kg, etc.
- Ability to operate and maintain required equipment in a safe and responsible manner (various saws, plate tampers, power wheelbarrows, sod cutters, sprayers, dusters, rototillers, drills, etc.)
- Effective communication skills: must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete daily reports to office and/or customers
- Time-management skills: abilities to work under pressure, finish on time and on budget
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Must speak French or English, bilingualism is an asset
- Valid Quebec driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Basic computer literacy
Perks of being part of the team!
- Uniform and cell phone provided for the duration of the contract
- Company events (covid friendly)
- On-site parking/enclosed bike racks
- Skills and Leadership development initiatives
- Career advancement opportunities
Strathmore Landscape Management is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strathmore Landscape Management
Apr 12, 2021