Landscape Construction - Crew Chief / Foreman/woman
Job Number: landforeman2021
St. Catharines, Ontario
Posted on Feb 10, 2021
LANDSCAPE WORKING CREW CHIEF (Construction)
About the Company
SILVERLINE GROUP is a well-established full-service construction company located in the Niagara Region executing projects in the Niagara to GTA and surrounding areas, completing 'ground work' projects for earthworks, sewer/water main work, concrete foundations/flatwork, and landscape projects.
SILVERLINE GROUP is recruiting for an experienced and reliable Landscape Working Crew Chief. The Landscape Working Crew Chief will take the lead in the field from start to finish of the project, be self-motived with expertise to ‘hit the ground running’ to motivate, mentor, and instruct the crew to ensure quality of work and timely completion of the project. You will work side-by-side and be a ‘hands-on working leader’ of a crew of 2 to 8 workers.
- Supervise and ensure safety, quality and productivity of work at sites
- Execute site work as directed by the landscape and grading supervisor
- Efficient and quality of work with soil placement, grade lots to proper grade level, sod placement, planting gardens/trees, and hardscape
- Understand grading/drainage issues
- Operation of all landscaping related equipment
- Complete and submit all required paperwork daily
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with safe work practices and PPE standards
- Conduct weekly safety talks with the crew
- Oversee snow removal activities in the off-season
- Complete and maintain the required completion of circle checks of all commercial trucks and trailers as per MTO requirements
- Deliver quality work “to be proud of”, communicating with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- This position has potential to work year-round participating with the Snow removal crew
- 3-5 years in landscaping construction in a crew leader capacity
- Ability to take from rough grade to finished product
- MUST have a G-license (AR preferred), clean driving record and own vehicle
- First aid and certificates for operation of equipment (skid steer/bobcat/mini-excavator etc.)
- Knowledge of specific material used in landscaping
- Operation of all landscaping tools and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications to complete work activities
- Ability to set levels and grade surfaces professionally and evenly to specification
- Organizational skills and problem solving
- Ability to be a team-coach earning the respect of your crew; leading with the example of hardworking and productivity through results.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are asked to please apply through the Landscape.jobs website or directly to SilverLine Group Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact with those selected for interviews.
SilverLine Group Inc.
St. Catharines, Ontario
Mar 01, 2021