Assistant Manager - Maintenance & Enhancements
Job Number: 001
Posted on Feb 17, 2021
Our client, Allweather Landscape, is a Toronto based firm, providing award winning, design, build and maintenance services since 1981. We are passionate about enhancing the landscape experience and continuing to be an industry leader. We are committed to providing an enriching team environment through motivation, personal and professional growth, fair compensation and continued educational opportunities.
What We Offer
- Enriching Team Environment
- Personal/Professional Growth
- Robust Training Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Year-Round Opportunities
- Flexible Benefits
This new role for 2021 requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management. The objective is to act as second in command to the department manager, providing direction and oversight to field operations. The successful candidate will have experience managing/scheduling multiple crews up to approximately 15 people.
- Faster than average pace. A changing environment, but guidelines and support will be provided for tasks outside of a specific job area.
- Very detail-oriented, Efficiency is of utmost importance
- Risk taking is not required, Careful conservative and by the book, being careful to avoid mistakes. Decisions will be made with input from others
- Will involve the team throughout the whole work process. Communication will be friendly and persuasive. Will project enthusiasm and promote team participation.
- When the job requires delegation, a thorough, but pleasant follow-up will be required. Will be a friendly and responsive team leader with a strong sense of duty.
- Passion and pride in your work.
- Schedule jobs and crews with technology and consistently meet targets and deadlines
- Order and schedule delivery of job materials, ensuring inventory levels are maintained
- Client relations management (site meetings/ site visits / quality control)
- Sales of services (including landscape enhancements / upgrades)
- Assist in accounting and administrative tasks, such as composing proposals, quotes, invoicing, and employee tracking
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have informal/formal training and experience in the field of Horticulture, Landscape Design / Construction or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership position within the Landscape Industry
- Valid class ‘G’ driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Must have a willingness and passion to learn
Mar 01, 2021