End User Specialist - Outdoor Power Equipment (ON)
Job Number: OPE-ON
Posted on Feb 18, 2021
The End User Application Specialist is responsible the development of sales through building relationships with end users, advising dealers and end users of current promotions, organizing and delivering practical demonstrations, and educating end users about our products through their extensive product knowledge.
- Add value to the relationships between Makita Canada and the end user community in Canada.
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with targeted and strategic end users and end user organizations in Canada.
- Undertake product and market research as requested by senior management.
- Participate in events and shows that offer direct access to and with the professional / industrial end user community in Canada.
- Keep accurate records of call activities and sales successes related to target products and/or brand conversions.
- Prepare monthly reports on activity, sales, etc…
- Actively solicit, support and work with strategic dealers on joint sales calls and other initiatives resulting in mutual benefit to the dealer and Makita Canada.
- Provide product training and demonstrations to end users and end user organizations as required.
- Other job-related activities, duties, and projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience in product demonstration or sales.
- Valid/Current Drivers Licence with clean driving record/extract required.
- Communication Skills: excellent communication (oral and written) in a clear, concise, and professional manner. Fluent in English
- Interpersonal skills: relate well with people, active listener and collaborator.
- Teamwork: works cooperatively and effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Detailed Orientation: meticulous about managing your time, evaluating your priorities, and accomplishing your goals.
- Proficient in MS-Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Mechanical aptitude with solid knowledge and use of power tools.
- Extensive travel throughout the province and some nationally required.
- Overnight travel will be required.
Interested in joining our team! Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line End User - OPE, by the closing date of March 3, 2021.
Makita Canada Inc.
Mar 08, 2021