Planting and Landscape Crew Lead
Job Number: LTCL
Posted on Feb 22, 2021
Operations – On Site Management:
- Oversee and coordinate the installation of planting/design/landscape projects, ensuring all projects are installed efficiently at the highest quality.
- Manage large planting jobs from start to finish, with an excellent knowledge of plant material, large trees, proper planting practices and an understanding of various landscape practices. (Mulch installations, Irrigation, Sod etc.)
- Understand and interpret landscape designs and renderings, with the ability to professionally install projects as per all specific details outlined on design plans and architectural drawings.
- Collaborate with designer and various division managers on landscape jobs, (depending on the nature of the project).
- Prepare projects and communicate with Shop Manager with regards to planting lists, loading and the organization of material at UG Shop.
- Ensure proper equipment and materials are available for each job.
- Supervise crew on site and perform on-site delegation/training as required. Ensure a firm understanding of the scope of work.
- Keep manager(s)/Designer up to date on progress of work. Follow and communicate project schedules and deadlines.
- Attend site/client meetings if required with fellow management team, to assist and prepare for project’s installation.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members follow government and company PPE standards.
- Provide excellent customer service and Client relationships.
- This position requires a successful balance of both on-site field work & supervision with some administration office time/duties (see below).
- Assist with ordering, sourcing, or pricing appropriate landscape material and plants for corresponding softscape/planting installations, as required
- Participate in project-site meetings as necessary
- Ensure proper staff & client communication and rescheduling tactics (delays, rain days, heat days).
- Ensure staffs’ hours of work are accurately captured and submitted to appropriate personnel for payroll entry.
- If necessary, for some projects, monitor and UG email account and keep clients precatively updated and informed
- Ability to read and understand landscape renderings, plans and drawings, with the ability to carry out installations that are accurate and true to the design.
- Knowledge of plant material and ID, both in function and aesthetics.
- Adequate landscape installation experience, including correct planting techniques.
- Valid G Drivers Licence & Clean Drivers Abstract: With the ability to drive larger vehicles in the city and GTA area.
- Physically able, with ability to work long hours under various weather conditions.
- Efficient decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with a positive demeanour.
NOTE: While planting and build jobs are usually consistent and fill the general seasonal schedule, there may be times when assistance is needed in other UG divisions (Maintenance, Decorative Planting etc). Furthermore, all UG staff are required to work some Saturdays: for larger commercial planting jobs usually scheduled outside of regular working hours.
This full-time seasonal position entails an approximate 40-50 hour per week, March/April to November/December.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 22, 2021