Skilled Landscape Construction Labourer
Job Number: 2
Posted on Feb 22, 2021
Pathways to Perennials is a family owned and operated landscape design/build company for more than 40 years. Our team specializes in helping people increase the value of their homes and build beautiful and functional landscapes and gardens. Across York Region, Pathways to Perennials is well-known as the residential landscaping experts. Our award-winning team focuses on natural stone, perennial gardens and water features.
Our goal is to blend plants, people and their properties together in year-round harmony. We help to increase our client’s quality of life, increase the value of their properties, and design, renovate and create alluring landscapes and gardens. We have created an enjoyable and hard-working team and are looking for more players to join us. Our staff have a passion for transforming spaces, eager to learn more and eager to teach along the way.
The Skilled Landscape Construction Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (generally physical labour) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape labourer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
- Follow instruction from Supervisor;
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project;
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: chainsaws, measurement equipment, shovels, drills, etc.;
- Assist in the construction of walkways, gardens, water features, decks, ponds, etc.;
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis;
- Dig ditches, trenches, gardens, or patio bases;
- Edge and mulch gardens, install trees, shrubs and perennials;
- Perform land clearing activities;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects;
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization on jobsites, work vehicles, equipment and landscape yard;
- Read and interpret drawings, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines; Time management skills;
- Basic measurement and calculation skills;
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to read and interpret designs and specifications;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team;
- Ability to resolve work related problems;
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks;
- Proficiency in English.
- Large workload;
- Tight deadlines;
- Physically demanding;
- Handling heavy loads;
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Combination of: sitting, standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
Pathways to Perennials
May 03, 2021