Job Number: 1
Posted on Mar 04, 2021
Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction and well-done jobs first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for an Estimator.
The estimator will gather all costs relating to a project and provide a professional quotation to our clients. Take-offs will be produced and the estimator will have complete knowledge of materials used in the landscape construction industry and best practises. The estimator must be able to liase with management and provide advise and guidance on possible alternatives and solutions.
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for over 69 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards. When we hire, we look for individuals who want to be an integral part of a large team and work together to achieve company objectives.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation
- Year-round employment
- Career path and opportunities for personal development
- Health Benefits
- On-going training
- Great work culture
- Steady growth year over year
- And much, much more…
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed estimates, quantity takeoffs including all labour, material and equipment costs
- Assist in meetings with clients and partners
- Respond to internal and external inquiries timely
- Co-ordinate subcontractor submissions, during the tendering process via phone in a professional and courteous manner
- Identify local subcontractors and suppliers, solicit quotes and prepare comparison sheets
- Co-ordinate field visits to qualify information
- Coordinating submission of tender documents
- Review RFP’s and contractual documents and prepare cost proposals and final tender documents for clients within given time frames
- Identify and evaluate risk mitigation strategies
- Post tender practice (manage files/submittal logs/material lists/drawings)
- Preparation of project binders – maintain all supporting documentation around estimations
- Tracking of site Instruction and change orders
- Prepare shop drawings as required
- Complete project on time and under budget
- Use personal protective equipment and demonstrate hazard awareness at all times
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Good work ethic, punctual and dependable
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of relevant college or university program
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of landscape industry and materials
- Thorough understanding of industry practises, processes, standards and it’s impact on projects
- Able to interpret landscape drawings
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tenders
- Accuracy in reporting is critical
- Must be detail-oriented and a thinker
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and adapt to changes
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great documentation and proof-reading skills
- Ability to be a visible team-player and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to assume responsibility
- Familiar with the bidding process, self-motivated and strong negotiator
**Range of pay is based on experience**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
INL Group of Companies fosters an inclusive environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Our strength also comes from being a diverse company and we welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and others. We are dedicated to building a growing workforce that reflects the diverse environment in which we live and enrich the lives of everyone we connect with every day.
Islington Nurseries Ltd - INL Group of Companies
Mar 15, 2021