Human Resources Generalist
Job Number: 2
Posted on Mar 04, 2021
This position encompasses a wide range of Human Resources related duties including the following:
- Placing advertisements for positions (as discussed).
- Understanding and preparing for seasonally driven high and lows with hiring requirements.
- Screen resumes, schedule and conduct interviews.
- Perform reference checks.
- Prepare employment contracts for review and submission.
- Prepare, and follow up with employment packages for new hires (ensuring completion of all documentation).
- Schedule and document safety training as directed.
- Conduct 'exit interviews' where required, ensure all closing paperwork is completed and submitted.
- Receive, review and process vacation requests, create approved vacation schedule.
- Produce employment verification letters and respond to employment inquiries.
Filing, photocopying and general administrative duties related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 2-5 years experience working in an HR position (as manager or assistant manager).
- Education certification in HR (diploma or degree).
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the ESA
- Experience in the construction or landscaping industry would be considered an asset.
Wage will commensurate with experience.
This is an important position for us to fill, as good people are the foundation of our business.
Please visit our website to gain a better understanding about the size and complexity of our company. We look forward to hearing from you.
Islington Nurseries Ltd - INL Group of Companies
Mar 15, 2021