Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Job Number: 21-1003
Posted on Mar 11, 2021
Do you have experience growing trees, shrubs, perennials or potted stock in the field or a greenhouse environment? Are you interested in taking that knowledge into a sales and marketing role?
Ferguson Tree Nursery has a Full Time, Permanent position available for a bilingual (Preferred) Sales & Marketing Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Sales & Business Development and help design and execute the sales and marketing plan, including the design and implementation of our social media marketing; establishing and maintaining customer relationships through email, phone, face-to-face and newsletter communication; and supervising the Outlet Store.
The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in providing excellent customer service, can work in a team or alone, is self-motivated, and possesses a good balance between logical/analytical thinking to research business issues and make good decision while also engaging creative processes to captivate customers with marketing/sales messaging. In addition, the Sales & Marketing Coordinator must be able to organize work to manage competing priorities, have excellent communication skills to work with a variety of Nursery staff and customers and have an excellent grasp of business technology, software and applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and social media platforms.
- Create customer quotations and invoices, provide to customers and follow-up on sales opportunities
- Process and coordinate inside sales including accurate order entry, invoicing, account management, allocation of inventory, and scheduling of pick-ups and deliveries
- Assist in the development of the Marketing Plan
- Implement the Marketing Plan including developing new content for print, website and social media channels; keep current print, website, and social media channels up to date; coordinate advertising placement; attend tradeshows; and look for new opportunities to market all current and future product lines (bareroot, container stock, perennials, potted stock, seed, and gift trees)
- Undertake market research to identify new opportunities, improve current product and service offerings, and inform future directions
- Take the lead in set up and take down of the Outlet Store including:
- Working with Nursery Operations to determine plant products to be stocked, ordering non-plant product for sales, merchandising and keeping up store cleanliness, replenishing stock as needed, care for, weed and water the plants in a timely manner
- Ensuring outstanding service by creating a friendly environment. This includes greeting, acknowledging and re-approaching every customer, and being knowledgeable about products, determining customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions and assisting customers in locating merchandise in store, providing knowledgeable information about the plants and products to customers
- Processing customer purchases at the cash register including accurately taking payments and utilizing the point-of-sale system
- Post-secondary education in horticulture or forestry or 4-5 years’ experience in horticulture or forestry required
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with safety legislation and the Ferguson Tree Nursery Policy Manual, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected
- Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc. as required
- Strong ability and willingness to learn
- Creative, energetic and demonstrating a positive attitude
- Works well independently and in a team
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work collaboratively
- Excellent product knowledge of native trees, shrubs and perennials
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat
- Web-editing, content management system experience and strong social media management skills preferred
- Demonstrated level of excellence in customer service
- Capable of taking work direction and following through
- Health and Safety for Employees and for Supervisors as required by the Ontario Ministry of Labour or willingness to achieve before employment (this is available online)
- Capable of repeated lifting of products weighing up to 25kg.
- English/French Bilingual preferred
Compensation: Ferguson Tree Nursery offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Wages $19-$22 per hour to start depending on experience, knowledge and capabilities with a review after 3 months
- $150 boot/clothing allowance
- Opportunity to participate in our year-end bonus program
- RSP Matching Program
- Life Insurance, Extended Health Benefits & EAP program
This is a full-time, permanent position. Hours of work are typically 8:00-4:30am, Monday to Friday. Alternative work schedules including some weekends may be followed depending on staffing needs during the busy season, attendance at tradeshows or other requirements.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will review your resume and get back to you if we would like to schedule an interview.
Ferguson Tree Nursery
Mar 29, 2021