We are looking for a Master Grower to manage our grow operation in Adjala, Ontario. The Master Grower will perform all the tasks in the grow including: seed to soil, cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management. Agrotiva is committed to excellence, professionalism, and growth. You will be instrumental in creating and delivering a premium quality organic cannabis to the expanding medicinal marketplace.
Scope of Responsibility:
· Manage our current 12,000 square foot greenhouse outdoor grow operation, and oversee future phased expansion.
· Perform all the tasks in the grow cycle including but not limited to: seed to soil, cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
· Develop and/or maintain grow protocols and nutrient regiment.
· Team player committed to collaborating with the team to create synergy
· Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low.
· Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
· Cloning and manage vegetation with at least a 90% success rate.
· Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment. Both in the buildings and the field.
· Mastery of growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of PH; PPM and EC counts.
· Mastery of Living Soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
· Working knowledge of container systems with soil and hydro as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
· Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment option.
· Well researched in new techniques and insight to expand knowledge in nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Strains; Sativa, Indica and Hybrids and mastery of medicinal implementation and knowledge of effects of strains and types of medicinal administration
· Assist Health Canada auditors and CRA enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
· Comply with all Corporate and HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
· Facility maintenance and troubleshooting, as necessary.
· Manage the lifecycle of a season from clone propagation and planting to harvest and processing meeting or exceeding yield expectations per acre.
· Work with the team to achieve business objectives
· Growing for more than 5 years in an outdoor environment and confident in the ability to scale production.
· At least 3 years commercial grow experience as a Master Grower. This individual may have gained experience in a commercial vegetable farm.
· Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc.
· Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow field and plant rooms.
· Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
· Must be able to provide grow resume, pictures and portfolio at interview.
· Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
· A bachelor's degree or higher in horticulture, agriculture, agronomy or a related field preferred.
· You are at least 21 years of age
· You have no felony convictions.
· You are willing to participate in an extensive background check.
· You can start within a month
· You are trustworthy and hardworking.
· You work effectively as part of team building a business.
Agrotiva is a privately-owned, Licensed Producer through Health Canada.
This role would have you starting at the ground floor and being able to cultivate your own future. An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, including a base salary and performance-based bonus. Attractive accommodations can be negotiated for the right candidate.
Expected start date: 2021-04-01
Salary: $40,000-$65,000 depending on experience & accommodation requirements
Job Type: Full-time
To ensure the safety of our onsite team and those that come to visit us we have COVID-19 precautions in place.
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-01
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$65,000.00 per year