MTD Products is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of outdoor power equipment, including Cub Cadet products. As a multinational privately held company, MTD provides high quality consumer goods through mass merchants, independent retail networks and online. Specifically, in Canada we are driven by our Canadian Advantage, which highlights the direct connection between our employees and the impact they can have on the company’s success, as we innovate, produce and promote our outstanding service and products across the country, becoming our competitive advantage.
In addition to our diverse, business casual and fast paced work environment, you’ll enjoy our competitive benefits package which includes:
- Employer sponsored medical and dental coverage, Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability
- DC Pension plan after one year of service with employer and employee contributions
- Paid holidays, vacation and Christmas shutdown
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- GoodLife Corporate Program
The Product Demonstration Specialist will be responsible to perform product demos for Cub Cadet PRO’s line of outdoor power equipment. This position will focus on the Greater Toronto Area and Easter Ontario to build relationships with Cub Cadet PRO dealers. They will rely on their knowledge of and experience in the landscape industry to be an ambassador for Cub Cadet’s products, and to support the Business Development Managers and PRO team.
- Manage, schedule, and perform all aspects of in-field product demonstrations with Commercial grass cutters. Includes landscapers, municipalities, golf courses, and other users of professional products. Regularly pulling a trailer with demo units.
- Build relationship with Cub Cadet PRO Dealers. Provide product demonstrations and related training. Work to bring Cub Cadet PRO end-user sales to them. Grow their business and encourage them to provide more demo leads to sell more product. Attend dealer events as needed. Collaborate with Business Development Managers to hunt for business, build relationships, and work with existing and prospective Cub Cadet PRO Dealers. Involve key stakeholders and sales personnel to discuss opportunities to pursue.
- Use CRM Software to plan and track progress of prospects through the sales funnel. Accurate note taking, attention to detail, and consistent use are important.
- Learn and understand the competitive brands and their products/programs, and how to promote Cub Cadet PRO against them.
- Ensure all tasks that require follow up are communicated to the appropriate personnel.
- Help identify and suggest any sales and marketing opportunities or needs to the PNSM that could help meet profitable sales targets.
- Working with appropriate IR sales personnel and with selected dealers, ensure proper service questions and product/parts availability issues and inquiries are handled appropriately.
- Due to seasonality, be available and flexible to perform work outside of Pro tasks that may be assigned by the PNSM, Sales Manager or VP of IR Sales.
- Previous experience in landscape industry, including practical experience with lawn and garden equipment, considered a strong asset.
- Must hold a valid Class “G” driver’s license and clean driving record. Must be able to operate a heavy truck with trailer combination exceeding 4500kg.
- Prior sales experience, including cold calling; experience working with landscapers, municipalities, government agencies, and golf courses considered an asset
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to discuss technical aspects and demo products
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Physically capable to move PRO products, set up/take down to demo products and support tradeshow needs
- Ability to travel through territory to perform demonstrations
- Ability to interpret and analyze sales data
- Microsoft Office experience required; Salesforce considered an asset
May 03, 2021