FOREPERSON, INSPECTIONS & FIELD RECREATION
Job Number: 104127
Posted on Apr 14, 2021
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
FOREPERSON, INSPECTIONS & FIELD RECREATION
POSTING NUMBER: 104127
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $81,325.00 - $91,491.00 PER ANNUM
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $101,656.00 PER ANNUM
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks Maintenance, East, this position is responsible for coordinating Park Inspections and Field Recreation operations as well as responding to ‘high-profile’ concerns as they arise, and oversee and coordinate the maintenance of field service levels through Corporate, Departmental and Divisional standard operating procedures. This includes ensuring that the most efficient use of staff (full time, temporary and part time employees), equipment and materials is achieved within the Division. Prepare annual operating budgets, and assist with establishing and prioritizing capital projects for Parks Maintenance and Forestry.
- Provide highest level of customer service and rapid response to customer concerns and initiate follow-up action as required.
- Provide input at meetings with both internal and external customers regarding the inspection of pathways, storm water management pond, walkway lighting, and general park infrastructure items.
- Submits schedules of manpower and equipment to complete projects for approval by Supervisor; would also include estimating costs and delivery schedules if required.
- Oversee and inspect all functions performed by crew members; ensure quantity, quality and consistency of work along with ensuring the safe/efficient use of equipment, tools and materials.
- Coordinate required repairs to Parks Assets with staff and/or Outside Contractors
- Respond to public and internal complaints, concerns or inquiries regarding inspections.
- Assist in preparing, monitor and control the annual area operating and capital budget. Prepare reports on current crew status, budget items, long- and short-term goals and other departmental issues as they arise. Assist in preparing asset condition reports for the purpose of budget forecasting on all Parks Outdoor Assets including but not limited to: playgrounds, walkways, signage, fencing, safety stations, lighting and site furniture.
- Liaise with union and non-union staff to promote consistent service levels for staff who may be geographically divided.
- Ability to make arrangements for marking of underground utilities, Gas, Bell, Hydro, Cable, Water, fibre optics or traffic signals. Meet on site with locater or have them mark and fax information.
- Coordinates manpower, equipment, materials and schedules for the completion of projects singularly or with other Parks management staff.
- Co-ordinate training, direct and monitor staff to perform work safely and efficiently according to Health & Safety Regulations.
- Assists supervisor in administrating the section by recording of time, costing and purchase of materials. This may involve computer input and data retrieval necessary for completion of projects.
- Inspect all work areas including parkland, buildings, structures and equipment to ensure productivity, proper operation, cleanliness and safety.
- Plan, co-ordinate, schedule and supervise the personnel, equipment, materials and methods of the inspection work unit in order to ensure the most efficient use of manpower, equipment and materials. Lead various inspection functions for playgrounds as well as other unstructured type of inspection work.
- Provide on-call foreperson services on a rotational basis with other divisional forepersons, as and when required.
- Knowledge of graffiti removal processes and other specialty parks functions is an asset.
- Grade 12 plus post secondary Diploma or Certificate in Horticulture Science or equivalent.
- CPSI certification or equivalent is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years of parks experience with effective supervisory skills;
- 2 years supervisory experience preferably in a unionized environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Knowledge of small and heavy equipment operation and the use/operation of computers, including MS Office.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team while ensuring the confidentiality of all matters discussed while participating as part of the Parks Management team.
- Ability to create and track work schedules and accomplishments utilizing Microsoft Office and Infor programs.
- Knowledge of Corporate policies and procedures pertaining to staff management.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS regulations, MTO Highway Traffic Act, MTO Road Signals Procedures, WSIB regulations, Bill C-45, Bill 168.
- Good performance and work record.
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and must possess a valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Management and Administration
Applications must be received by: April 28, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #104127 by April 28, 2021 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
CITY OF BRAMPTON
Apr 14, 2021