PROGRAMMER, PARKS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Job Number: 104100
Posted on Apr 19, 2021
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
PROGRAMMER, PARKS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
POSTING NUMBER: 104100
STARTING SALARY: $60,556.00 PER ANNUM
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Coordinator, this position provides supervision to contract, part-time and volunteer support staff and ensures quality program delivery and excellent customer service to develop and implement high quality Parks programming, education and outreach and to encourage community engagement regarding park stewardship.
Business Distinctions – Primary Function includes one of the following areas of focus; there may also be a secondary area of focus as well
- Outdoor Education
- Supervision of support staff (contract, part-time and volunteers). Includes daily supervision regarding work duties, scheduling, adherence to City policies and procedures, i.e. Health and Safety and payroll documentation. Meets regularly with staff. Also recruits, trains and coaches these individuals. Provides performance evaluation feedback, including discipline, if needed. Evaluates staff training needs and arranges for training initiatives, particularly regarding qualifications and certifications. Is available for hands-on assistance and decision-making.
- Customer Service. Interacts with customers to ensure program delivery is meeting customer expectations and service standards. Aids staff in problem solving and ensures the timely follow-up and completion of correct documentation regarding Accidents and Incidents, or customer concerns and requests. Meets with community groups to foster community stewardship skills and environmental engagement.
- Reporting. Provides data such as customer statistics on usage, attendance, revenue, fill rates, and other important measures to the Recreation Coordinator and others as required. Provides input to budgeting process, including monthly forecasting and monitoring of revenues, expenditures and net. Reports on trends, emerging issues and potential areas of growth. Keeps staff and volunteer data regarding certifications and training.
- Program excellence. Develop and deliver various Parks programming, outreach and education programs. Assists with the preparation and proofing of materials related to marketing of programs. Ensure supplies are adequate. Ensure that programs offered are of excellent quality. Uses awareness of emerging customer requirements to make recommendations for improvements and future programs. Conducts program visits, focus groups and surveys to collect information and to ensure quality control. Interprets reports in terms of appropriate changes and areas of growth. Liaises with other municipalities for benchmarking comparisons. Provides direct program services and maintains a safe and clean facility.
- Valid Ontario non-probationary Class G Drivers’ Licence and have access to a vehicle
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Degree or diploma preferably in related field (i.e. Environmental Studies, Outdoor Education)
- 2 years of related programming and planning experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of related legislation, in applicable area of discipline
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer service skills and experience
- Written and oral communication skills
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: May 3, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #104100 by May 3, 2021 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact TalentAcquisition@brampton.ca or 905.874-2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
CITY OF BRAMPTON
May 31, 2021