Green Roof Installer
Job Number: GRI1
Posted on Feb 24, 2016
GINKGO Sustainability Inc.
Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green/living roof contractor in southwestern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Multi-Residential projects. We are looking for crewmembers to work on our construction projects. Our high standards attract demanding clients and excellent staff and our culture fosters pride in workmanship and attention to detail.
GREEN ROOF INSTALLER
Job Description and Profile
A Green Roof Installer is an on-site constructor/installer of green roof systems. A green or living roof is a roof on a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane. It may also include additional layers such as a root barrier, drainage and irrigation systems. Green Roof Installers will assist with the installation of root barrier, drainage, growing medium and vegetation. Green Roof Installers are expected to:
- install materials as specified by their Foreman in line with construction drawings & specifications;
- comply with all site and company safety policies and procedures;
- reinforce the company reputation with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- ensure quality of their work and are able to work independently;
- inform their Foreman of any safety concerns and human resource issues;
- work in a safe manner on every construction site; and,
- any other duties asked by the Foreman.
Skills and Requirements
- The successful applicant
- is trustworthy, an autonomist, respectful, self-motivating with strong communication skills;
- has an aptitude for physically demanding outdoor work as manual lifting and continuous movement are required;
- is comfortable with heights; and,
- is highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
- Soft and/or hard landscape construction and/or experience with paving/interlocking stone, is an asset.
- The applicant must have their own transport to job sites; public transit and carpooling is acceptable.
- GINKGO is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all seasonal conditions.
Benefits and Rate of Pay
- This is a full-time seasonal position. The season traditionally runs from the end of March through to the mid-December, with the potential for work over the winter.
- This position is unionized and the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the SMWIA Local 30. The starting union basic wage rate is $20.44/hour.
How to Apply
- Please forward your cover letter and résumé to Ginkgo Sustainability at email@example.com or submit via landscape.jobs.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- For more information about GINKGO, visit our website at ginkgosustainability.com.
Ginkgo Sustainability Inc.
Mar 16, 2020