GINKGO SUSTAINABILITY INC.
Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green roof contractor in south-western Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) specializing in institutional, commercial and multi-residential projects. Our high standards attract demanding clients and excellent staff, and our culture fosters pride in workmanship and attention to detail.
GREEN ROOF MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
A Green Roof Maintenance Technician maintains green roofs in and around the GTA. The Green Roof Maintenance Technician is expected to:
• distinguish between different plant varieties for weeding and propagation purposes;
• have rudimentary knowledge of biological plant systems for disease and stress identification;
• perform minor repairs to green roof systems when required;
• implement a variety of horticultural practices (weeding, mulching, trimming, fertilizing, etc.) based on site needs;
• evaluate the specific needs of each site and determine action-plans required;
• communicate often and openly about any problems or concerns that arise during maintenance visits to keep management current with the status/health of the managed sites;
• interact with all clients/site supervisors in an affable, respectful, and professional manner, and listen to any concerns or ideas clients have about the state of a site and communicate these concerns to management; and
• fill out daily timesheets and maintenance reports.
Skills and Requirements
The successful applicant will:
• be a mature, reliable, trustworthy, respectful, highly motivated and extremely organized self-starter with strong communication skills who works well independently as well as part of a team;
• have a flexible schedule and be willing to work early and/or extended hours;
• be able to handle repetitive tasks for extended periods of time;
• be physically fit and able to perform heavy-lifting when required;
• have an excellent work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a proficient understanding of computers/technology;
• hold a valid Ontario Driver's Licence with a clean driving record; and
• be comfortable working at heights.
• Ginkgo Sustainability is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all seasonal conditions, depending on the severity.
• Landscaping and/or horticultural experience/training is an asset.
• This position is seasonal (from May to the end of November) with the opportunity for re-hire in future seasons. Part-time and full-time seasonal applications are accepted.
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications including experience, training, and education.
How to Apply
• Please submit your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com or submit via landscape.jobs.
• We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• For more information about Ginkgo Sustainability, and to view our featured projects, visit our website at www.ginkgosustainability.com.